Saturday, May 7, 2011

Homemade Granola Bars!

Hey there!

So I tried out a recipe for super-healthy homemade granola bars today, and they turned out to be so freakin delicious that I had to share the recipe. I started with a base recipe and then added what I wanted to. Here it is:

1 2/3 cups oats
1/3 cup oat flour
1 tsp cinnamon
1/2 cup dried mulberries
1/2 cup dried cranberries
1/2 cup dried blueberries
1/2 cup raisins
1/2 cup slivered almonds
1/2 cup walnut pieces
1/4 cup ground flaxseeds
2 tbsp whey protein powder
1/3 cup 100% natural peanut butter
1 tsp vanilla
6 tbsp melted butter
1/4 cup honey
2 tbsp corn syrup
1 tbsp water.

Preheat oven to 350

Line 2 8x8 inch square pans with waxed paper, and spray with a non-stick cooking spray

Mix dry indredients and wet ingredients separately, then toss them together and press the mixture evenly into the pans.

Bake for 30-40 minutes.

*note: the Bulk Barn is my most favourite place to find most of the listed ingredients*

Here's the finished product:



As you can see, when I tried to cut it into squares it crumbled to pieces. That's because this is the only corn syrup I had in my cupboard:


For obvious reasons I decided not to use it...hence the crumbly-ness.

Oooopssss!!!

Delicious nonetheless :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment