Tuesday, October 18, 2011

A Snuggie and A Half-Marathon!

Hey! You'll never guess what I found at the local cross-stitch store today! A Q-Snap SNUGGIE!!!


Cool, eh??

Onto another topic....this weekend was really important for me...I accomplished one of my biggest goals- I ran a half-marathon! My friends and I ran the Scotiabank Waterfront Half-Marathon on Sunday and it was amazing!! Did any of you hear about the 100 year old whow as running the full marathon? We saw him walk past us while we were waiting outside of our hotel, that was really cool.

Kasey and I ran the whole race together and crossed the finish line together, which was just soooo amazing. Erin2 twisted her foot in a streetcar rail and had to drop out around 10k....and I then spent the rest of the day in the ER with her...luckily nothing was broken.

Here are a couple of pics!



We may look a little haggard, but after running 21.1k, we're both still standing!!


4 comments:

  1. That is just awesome to run the half marathon! I like the snuggies, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi,
    Thank you for your comment on my blog!!! I would like to exchange ornaments with you. Aslo congralulalations on the race and I saw the old man on the news!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats Jodie! It must be a year for firsts for 1/2 Marathons! I did my first as well in September, the Army Run in Ottawa. The day and course couldn't of been more perfect! I think there isn't a prouder moment than when you cross the finish line on your first 1/2 Marathon!!! How long did it take you? It took me about 2 hrs 47 min

    ReplyDelete