Friday, February 17, 2012

Oh, Jax, How I Love You!

So. Who's heard of Sons of Anarchy? It's a show about a biker gang in California called Sam Cro.... (Sons of Anarchy Motorcycle Club Redwood Original).

I started to have a pretty annoying cough a month ago after an 18k run in -15 degree weather. I thought it was a cold, but it's just kept getting worse. Since Monday I haven't slept for more than 2 hours a night because the cough is constant. Then...yesterday...I got to work, coughed, felt a pop and then stabbing pain under my ribcage. I could hardly stand up, breathe, sit down, and coughing was unbearable. I was lucky enough to get an appoitment at the day clinic yesterday afternoon and long story short, I'm now on antibiotics for a bacterial lung infection, an inhaler because my lungs won't stop spasoming, and a pain killer because I tore the muscle under my ribs. Holy....friggin....PAIN that torn muscle is causing!

So I have nothing to do but lay on the couch and watch Sons! Woohoo! Watching Jax strut around in all of this sexyness is making me feel sooooo much better. It's strange that I love this show I suppose....but I do have a soft spot for bikers. My parents were park of the biker gang world for the 10 years before I was born and most of their friends now are bikers and retired bikers. Maybe it makes me feel at home or something. If only a real life Jax would come my way LOL! And Katey Segal plays the badass wife of the club leader and is Jax's mom....which is hilarious, I'm totally loving seeing her as a total badass bitch. Not used to that!

7 comments:

  1. Oh, Jodie...I feel for you. I did that once several years ago during a bout of pneumonia. My doctor called it a spain of the chest wall. That was sooo bad! It hurt to move, even to breathe. Then, every time I caught a little cold after that I would pull those muscles again. If I get a deep cough I can still feel where it tore and it will get sore.

    I hope yours heals up quickly and doesn't ever return like mine did!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you heal quickly! Youch--that sounds painful!

    We love Sons of Anarchy!! The accents they put on for the time they were in Ireland were painful to listen to, though!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ow! Pain. Yikes. Healing thoughts your way. (My dad was in a biker "club.")

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh dear! So sorry to hear you got sick. Get better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ouch!! I hope you are feeling better really soon.

    ReplyDelete
  6. feel better soon, Jodi...anything like that around the ribs is so painful!

    ReplyDelete