Friday, May 28, 2010

Wish Me Luck!

Well...it's been a while. Again. This time I have a real reason though. I've been so sick, and in so much pain for the past 2 weeks...have been to the doctor and he made me an appoitment for more tests to be done...but not until June 14th. That's a long wait. I know, that's how it goes. But it's horrible to not know what's wrong with you, and as you get progressively sicker wonder if you'll even be alive on June 14th! Alright, that might be a little dramatic, but it's been a rough 2 weeks. I even called in sick to work. I have never, not once in the almost 4 years I've worked there called in sick. My Dad is sick as well...they found something in his lung so he's been off work for a month while they try to figure out what it is. They thought it was cancer but now test results are coming back negative for that, thank goodness. He's been a welder for the last 25 years, so they're thinking his lungs have been infected with something toxic over the years. What's important is that they fix him.....ahhh STRESS! That being said, I feel quite a bit better this afternoon! I don't want to jinx myself, but maybe whatever's wrong is going away :-)

Tomorrow is my race in Ottawa. I'm supposed to be running 5k tomorrow at 5pm. I HOPE I can run. If I feel like I do now, I will. If I feel like I have for the past 2 weeks, there's no way. So wish me luck! Please :-)

Shantal is running 25k on Sunday morning...or maybe it's like 22.4k or something like that that I can't remember, so I'll be all set up with my camera cheering her on. We're driving up tomorrow morning and spending the night...yay! I'll post pictures when I get back...and results! Although they won't be impressive...it's going to be a tough run, I haven't trained at all this week and am feeling quite weak as well. I just want to finish it!

And on a side note, I finished 2 courses this week, and the Leukemia fundraising campaign I was involved with ended on the weekend so now I'll have time to actually stitch!

2 comments:

  1. Glad you popped in blogland to give us an update. Have a good weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whew! Fingers Crossed for you, Jodie!

    ReplyDelete