Tuesday, November 8, 2011

I've Run Out Of Ideas...Sooo.....

I felt that I had to steal this little literature-related questionnaire from the Stitch Bitch. I suppose one might say it was fate. I was out for a run last night and my running partner rambled for an hour and a half about how I always pick out the best books for him to read and he wanted to know how, exactly I did it...and on and on. Which was tricky to answer because a) I dont have an answer to that other than luck, reccommendations, and maybe I was trained as an english major to know just by looking at the cover whether it'll be good or not (haha right!), and b) we were involved in a long-distance route with an extreme number of hills...so I couldn't breathe, let alone talk!!!!


1. One book that changed your life?I don't think I could pinpoint just one....A Million Little Pieces was life-changing in many ways....it opened my eyes to things going on in the world that I had no clue about. But Northanger Abbey is the book that fuelled my love for literature. And The Shack....it really made me think about things.

2. One book you have read more than once? Jane Eyre and Little Women

3. One book you would want on a desert island? Just.....one? Really?

4. One book that made you laugh? I Am Ozzy

5. One book that made you cry? Of Mice and Men. It's so hearbreakingly sad, it kills me.

6. One book you wish you'd written? Memoirs of a Geisha....beautiful

7. One book you wish had never been written? Heart of Darkness by Joseph Conrad...I read it in first year intro english and I didn't get it! I still don't.

8. One book you are currently reading? Shantaram

9. One book you have been meaning to read? The Pillars of the Earth. I bought it 4 years ago and it's still sitting there, staring at me. Anna Karenina also...I tried once and failed terribly.

No comments:

Post a Comment