Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Meet...FINN!!!!

I'm so excited to introduce my new puppy Finnigan (Finn) to you all!!




Finn is 6 1/2 weeks old....he's a Shiloh Shepherd, and I'm totally in love with him! I've been waiting a LONG time for this puppy!!

I've been waiting a really, really long time for this little guy! It all started a year ago when I was out running with my group and a woman we didn't know joined us, and she had this giant dog that looked like a German Shepherd, but bigger. I was too shy to ask what it was so my friend Todd went over and asked her. She told him it was a Shiloh. I went home and researched the breed, and fell in love instantly.

I grew up with German Shepherds but didn't want one in the city. They have such strong protective instincts that I don't really think it's safe....not for me anyways. Shilohs have the same colouring, look and size but lack the aggression and protectiveness. They're incredibly smart and loyal.

I couldn't have pets in the basement apartment I was living in so I put the idea away in a corner of my mind for later. As soon as I moved into my house I started researching breeders, found one, and was approved for a puppy. Sadly, the mother got an infection a week before the puppies were due and lost them all. So I started back at square one, found another excellent breeder, and.....here's FINN!!!!! I get him in a week and a half :-) SOOOOOO excited!

6 comments:

  1. Congratulations! I adore Finn!!!! I bet he has sweet puppy breath. Enjoy every minute. Will look forward to more fun with Finn!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats! How adorable. You will really enjoy him and he will be one lucky dog to have found a home with you,

    ReplyDelete
  3. He's so adorable! I haven't heard of the breed before, I'll have to do some research.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a cute puppy. Enjoy him for years to come!

    ReplyDelete