Sunday, January 1, 2012

Bring On 2012!


Well, the bad news is that getting up at 4am for work on New Year's Eve puts a serious kink in the festivities....

The good news is that I started 2012 off on the right foot by running the Resolution Run at the Running Room last night with many of my running buddies. It was a great run, and symbolized the commitment to be active in the coming year. It was sooo great to see so many people out....people I've never seen at the RR before chosing to come out and commit to better health :-)

My best friend Erin has been in Italy for the last 2 months, but she's home now and came to spend New Years with me...which is our usual tradition. I'm sad to say that after one drink and half a movie, I was asleep on the couch....and it was before 10. She woke me up just before midnight....and then it was bedtime LOL.

This morning I made us whole wheat blueberry pancakes with whip cream and maple syrup...then we went for a beautiful walk through Jackson Park....


There were soooo many people out walking, running, cross country skiing, etc....the vibe was great. It was a nice, mild day, which made for a very relaxing and invigorating walk :-)

Resolutions for 2012

I think that New Year's Resolutions are great. A lot of people don't like them because nobody sticks to them and they can have some negative connotations attached to them because of that. Personally, I love them. I think that everyone should have personal goals, and for me, writing them down and reviewing them once in a while gives me a feeling of stability and purpose. They aren't anything grand and some people might find them downright ridiculous and pointless, but they're important to me, and whether I accomplish them or not is irrelavent....what's most important is to have something to work towards. So...without further comment.....

1. Complete the WIPocalypse

2. Stitch 4 squares for Love Quilts

3. Finish my 2009 Christmas quilt

4. Start a new quilt

5. Run a 10k in under 1 hour

6. Run a half marathon in 2:15

7. Strengthen my core

8. Study yoga

9. Learn to play chess

10. Read more books than last year (at least 19)

11. Read more scripture

12. Call my Grandpa every week

13. Put others first more often

14. Be more organized

It seems like an exhausting list but it really isn't. A lot of these resolutions (or intentions perhaps) are things that I've been working on for years, months, or weeks, depending. Some of them are new, and I'm looking forward to getting going on them :-)

I hope 2012 is good to you all!!

6 comments:

  1. You have a great list! I love the word intention much better than resolution.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post, and good for you for getting out for the resolution run!!! I'm too much of a wimp for that!!! I just dontndo winter running!

    Some great goals you've set for yourself, some great running ones too! We're both determined to improve our 10k and 1/2 marathon times!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great list! I love your WIPocalypse list, too.

    Happy new year!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The dude has suggested Judit Polgar for learning chess. She has a couple of chess DVDs (Chess in 30 minutes for absolute beginners). (He's an evangelist.) Good luck in 2012!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good luck with your New Year's resolutions!

    ReplyDelete
  6. And happy 2012 to you!! I love your list...and I too should do some of them (or maybe most)...call my Grandpa (94 years old), strengthen my core, etc.

    ReplyDelete