Monday, April 12, 2010

My Trip to Southampton (A VERY Late Easter Post)

I know, I'm very behind on my posting, so I figured I might as well not procrastinate any further!

So...back to Easter!

 I went to Southampton to visit my Grandpa for a few days, which was really nice! I love this town...it's very beachy, on the shores of Lake Huron. People are very friendly, and there always seems to be something to do because it's very touristy. And I love to see my Grandpa too!





I had the most amazing run while we were there. The weather was unseasonably nice, it was like 24 degrees celcius, sunny, beautiful. So I set my ipod on Johnny Reid and we ran together on the beach LOL! It was heavenly. BUT...I hurt my ankle. I don't know how it happened, but as soon as I stopped it started aching, swelled up to the size of a small apple, and I couldn't stand on it at all. This gave me a much-needed reason to put my feet up and stitch Frosty, which I did for the remaining two days.

My Grandpa, who makes me laugh, has never rolled up a Tim Horton's rim before. So I made him roll mine. As you can see, he is not impressed during the roll, and not surprised that he didn't win anything. This emphasized his point that I'm ridiculous. Or so he thinks hahaha.




I came back to Peterborough on Sunday to have dinner with Holly's family, which was delicious, and then back to my parents house on Monday for another turkey, which appeased my Dad and Cooper. So, it was a pretty eventful Easter this year :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment