Friday, November 19, 2010

A Belated Account of the Amazing Johnny Reid Concert

It was amazing. It was wonderful. It was invigorating, inspiring, extremely enjoyable, and HOT! Yes, that's right....Johnny Reid.....is.....amazing. Simply amazing.

That being said, Holly and I had a great time at the concert 2 weeks ago! We drove everyone crazy at work all morning talking about it, then set off for Oshawa! We had lunch, checked into our hotel, then stalked Johnny's busses!


Unfortunately, there were no Johnny spottings.

We got ready, then went to have a couple of Long Island Iced Teas at a cool pub called the Thirsty Monk. Awesome nachos too! We both think we'd like to go back there some time...it had a cool vibe.

So, once concert time approached, we found our seats (17th row!!) and sat down...and waited. And waited. And...waited.

The cover band was called The Stellas, and they were fantastic! At the time I wasn't really into them. Honestly, they were the only thing standing in the way of me and Johnny Reid, and I grew more hostile about them by the minute. But a few days later I looked them up and listened to some of their stuff and I absolutely love them. I encourage you to visit www.myspace.com/stellamusic and listen to their stuff!

And then Johnny came out....WOW! Ya know, you hear a lot of singers in real life and they aren't as good as on TV or on their CDs but Johnny was 10 times better in person. He has such a raw talent that blew me away. It was just awesome and I can't wait until he comes back! He was on stage for 2 and a half hours, and spent a lot of that time just talking to the audience, telling stories and jokes- he's FUNNY!!!! Who knew? I just can't say enough about how great he was...so I'll show some pics instead.....


1 comment:

  1. WOW, I am so envious! I hope he comes to my area. He was in Hamilton and Kitchener a while ago but the tickets were gone almost instantly. Maybe next year my hubby will surprise me with tickets!!!

    ReplyDelete