Saturday, November 27, 2010

The Crazy January Challenge

Yep...you all know what I'm talking about. If you don't, head on over to http://minnanharrastukset.blogspot.com/2010/11/ristipistohassutus2011.html where you can read all about it.

I'm very conflicted about this. I think it's an awesome idea, and a very intriguing one as well! I could blame peer pressure....I could blame my insanely competitive nature...I could blame a need to be "part of the group" or I could blame my desire to stitch everything I see....but for some reason, I really am tempted to sign up and commit to this challenge!

HOWEVER.....

What a challenge! I can see this becoming very stressful hahaha! Just the idea of preparing for it gives me a headache....I don't have 15 charts in my stash, so I would have to go out in search of more (not a problem, really LOL). But with that comes the organization that's required of such a project: buy and organize the necessary threads, fabric, days, storage, etc. And for me and my spazzy, unorganized, unfocussed self...that's a problem!

But.........I'm very tempted. I've been reading all of your blogs about signing up for it, or not signing up for it and it's got me thinking!

On another frosty note: It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas!!!

Last night we had our first significant snowfall of the year and I woke up to a beautiful, sparkly white blanket of snow covering everything this morning. This is my very favourite day of the year, every year: the first snowfall. I'm a life-long lover of all things winter, so it was definately reason to smile today :-)

3 comments:

  1. I signed up for this challenge lol. I am crazy for doing so but I have never had this many finishes in a year, I'm hoping this challenge will help me :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Dear Jodie, what a dilemma you find yourself in. Come on girl you need to get some stash so you can live to be 213 years old with the rest of us...
    Be ALWAYS in stitches.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jodi, found your blog because I read it on another...funny and entertaining. I went back and read quite a bit! You definately have to stash enhance - I could run circles around 15 projects - I think I could go ten fold, and then there's the quilting projects I have stacked up! Maybe I will live 100 years more with my sight and ability to stitch, sew and laugh with friends! Love your puppy - sweet face! Look forward to more posts - I am going to click "follow" next!!

    ReplyDelete