Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Kindness

I'm very behind in my blogging, I know. I have yet to post a Johnny Reid concert review, or pictures, or comment on anything else that's happened in the last couple of weeks. Yes.....very behind. As you all know, life gets in the way from time to time!

Although I should be doing about ten million other things right now, I felt the need to stop and discuss the power of kindness for a minute. Just a single kind gesture can seriously turn your whole day back in the direction it should be going in.

Why have I come to think this, all of the sudden? WELL.....

I worked from 5-12 this morning, and while in the midst of dealing with very difficult people, rotten vegetables, and a crappy radio station, I discovered that my production went up 25 items, yet I LOST a half hour! I can't make sense out of my schedule. I talk to my boss, he says he'll change it, and if I don't stay right ontop of him, the next week it's the came crap all over again. They have to make a choice- they can't have it both ways! They can't have 25 MORE salads than normal in a half hour LESS than my normal time! ARG winter cutbacks suck!!

And then off to the library I went to dig through the archives. I'm doing an intense research project for school on three rare canoes, and the info about them is scarce. After a full afternoon of hitting dead ends, I came home, frazzled, layed down on my bed and thought about just sleeping away the rest of my night.

But no! It's Wednesday! I have a clinic group to take out. Because I  signed up to lead 10k running. Huh. Anyways, we're at 8 now, and I've developed the beginnings of plantar faschitis. Which is a painful issue with the tendon along the arch of your foot. I usually just take a painkiller before I go, and deal with it. But I wasn't in the mood tonight. It was windy, raining, and COLD! So, as you can see through this long and whiny post, life sucked today and I was so exhausted that I was getting mad at my friends for texting normal things...just because they were content and I wasn't. And that was making me mad too.

On the verge of some sort of nervous breakdown.....

My doorbell rings.

So up the stairs I trudge, rolling my eyes all the way...and open the door to the smiling face of my next door neighbour.

She brought me over 2 big bags of peanut brittle and rice krispie squares, along with some left-over Halloween chips! Just because I'm "such a sweetheart."

So....here I am, standing on an ice pack, munching away on peanut brittle, and feeling very grateful that I have such wonderful and kind neighbours because that small gesture of kindness put a big smile on my face and got me through the rest of my day :-)

1 comment:

  1. I'm sorry you had such a crappy day. It seems to be happening all over lately :( YAY on the goodies from the neighbour :)

    ReplyDelete