Sunday, January 16, 2011

Crazy January Challenge- Day 12

One of my patterns finally came!

Project #11: Plants of the Southwest- Art Ventures

My friend Erin and I call ourselves "Arizona enthusiasts." For some reason we both love everything to do with it and love love love to visit it. She's a landscaper and I come from a very garden-y family, so we were both really into the plants that grew there, especially since they're so different from what we have here, so when I came across this, I knew I had to stitch it for her.


I decided to start stitching the Yucca first. A lot of my patterns that I chose for this challenge have a lot of greens in them so I wanted to work on something a little lighter...and the Yucca has some light tan and white...just a little change of pace I guess, though it's quite hard to see in this picture!

No comments:

Post a Comment