Sunday, January 23, 2011

Tour de Bookshelf

Although I did quite a bit of stitching this past week, I don't have much exciting to show for it. Just a bit here and a bit more there. So I thought I'd do something a little different today.

LHN's The Bookshelf is one of my Challenge pieces, and I chose it mostly because I love reading. Books are as big of a part of my life as stitching is, if not more so, and most of my life thus far has revolved around literature. So I thought I'd give you a tour of my bookshelves! SO...here we go! You might have to click on the pictures to enlarge them to see which books are which...


This bookshelf is kind of a mish-mash of different things. On the second shelf, middle stack, we have my celebrity memoir collection. Ozzy and Sharon Osbourne, Kate Gosselin, Maureen McCormick, Jodie Sweetin. It's a guilty pleasure, and I'm trying to stop, I swear!! To the right of that stack are my Jodi Picoult books. I love her....everything I've read by her has been superb! My all-time favourite book also lives on this bookcase: Eat, Pray, Love. Also notable here is Tolstoy's Anna Karenina, which I haven't read because it scares me!  Other notable appearances here- The Kite Runner, Water For Elephants, The Glass Castle, Anne of Green Gables, and Of Mice and Men....and last, but not least, my all-time favourite book of childhood...Pippi Longstocking.

 

Another random assortment. A couple of anthologies from school- The Restoration Period and The Romantic Period literature, Chaucer's Canterbury Tales, a few Jane Austens, and Twilight!



This shelf houses my Emily Giffin books, another favourite author James Frey (A Million Little Pieces, My Friend Leonard, Bright Shiny Morning), and many reference books, mostly to do with gardening.



This shelf is my favourite. It was my first, and holds all of the books I had to read while I was working on my english degree. All of the great authors live on this shelf- Dickens, Eliot, James, Shakespeare, Johnson, Hemingway...along with a spattering of poetry anthologies and history and psych textbooks. And, just as importantly, all of my Rachael Ray cookbooks live on this shelf as well. She's up there with those authors, in my opinion LOL!



And finally, this is the pile of books I'm reading now- The Happiness Project, and The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo. I'm not very far into either though because most of my time this past week has been devoted to drooling over McDreamy and McSteamy...yep...Holly lent me the 5th and 6th seasons of Grey's Anatomy......YUMMY!!!!!




1 comment: